smartphones and data have reached even the illiterate in india
posted to lemmy
This is exciting to hear about and sparked a lot of questions for me.
- How many apps are usable by sub-literate people?
- What open source tools can be useful for this population?
- How would you design things differently if you meant for this to be your primary userbase? Does Whatsapp do this well?
- Are there efforts to improve affordability / access (particularly for women) that people can help with from the US?
- How many local languages have comprehensible text-to-speech?
Comment with a webmention, or with commentpara.de