- When the painting was originally made, was it named “Still life with copulating sparrows” at that time? Is translation getting rid of something important here?
- Was this seen as normal, or did people have a new impression of Cornelis de Heem?
- With so many traditional vanitas elements in the composition, what is this element supposed to mean? The language of these things is typically pretty set, so I don’t want to just riff coming up with an idea…
- Are there other painters who’ve worked on this theme?
- Dear God, why?
- I guess it’s kind of subtle, considering?
- Like the color harmony, it’s not going for shock value, but…
Comment with a webmention, or with commentpara.de